3.02.2010

Clue Simpsons? Really?- A response


Consumer Affairs: Att: Jennifer DaSilva
Hasbro
1027 Newport Ave
Pawtucket, RI 02861

Dear Ms. DaSilva,

Recently, I sent your company a letter with many helpful suggestions regarding the board game Clue. Make no mistake, my letter was both a tribute to many a snowed-in winter’s night occupied by the mild intrigue of a murder mystery board game and a proposal that would revolutionize Clue and align it better with the real circumstances that a detective would face in investigating a crime.


For that reason, I was highly disappointed to receive your reply stating, “Hasbro, Inc. does not manufacture this particular product.” First, I would like to point out your poor writing form. You used the word “this” without any reference whatsoever to what “this” was. You cannot expect your readers to simply guess as to your meaning, not even I, who, luckily for you, have saved a copy of the original letter. A nice way of introducing your topic would be to quote briefly from my letter as I have done yours.



Second, I hate to contradict you as you are an expert on the subject and I an amateur, but Hasbro definitely does make Clue. Literally the first thing I see when I look at the games section of the Hasbro website is an icon that says “Clue” on it. A further investigation reveals that Hasbro also makes Clue: Cover Story Mobile Game, Clue Jr., Clue for the iPhone, Clue Carnival, Clue for PC, Clue Express, Clue Harry Potter, Clue Mysteries, Clue Simpsons (which is inexplicably in Spanish), Clue Accusations and Alibis, Clue DVD Game, a replacement pack for missing pieces, and of course the classic Clue. Apparently Clue: Secrets and Spies is coming soon.

So I hope you understand my confusion about why you would blatantly lie to me, Ms. DaSilva. Of course I have been lied to by your kind before, but each time the wound opens anew, fresh, deep, and painful.

You disappoint me,

Letter Status: No Response

No comments:

Post a Comment